Hello ladies! Are you normally fascinated by the different products and brands that have been indicated to have probiotics for women and the benefits that go with them? Trust me, this is a multi million dollar industry that has one of its target consumer as ladies. But, what are pribiotics anyway? How do they help women? Let me delve deep into this subject and explain in detail why probiotics for women are important and what you need to know first before you purchase any.
BENEFITS OF PROBIOTICS FOR WOMEN
The word ‘probiotic’ rings a bell somewhere…You guessed right: Bacteria. Oh,no! Don’t start thinking of all the diseases that are associated with these microscopic organisms. These probiotic bacteria are actually beneficial bacteria that the body can not do without them! Yes, They form part of the digestive system and are very vital especially for ladies.
According to Dr. Mellissa Conrad, the medical editor for the website www.medicinenet.com, the benefits are divided into two:
1. Beneficial effects on the gut (digestive system)- The digestive tract needs a balance between the good and bad bacteria. Prolonged use of antibiotics, environmental conditions, consumption of some foods, emotional stress, lack of sleep and consumption of some foods tends to shift the balance to favor the bad bacteria.
In this case, the probiotics consumed are necessary in order to restore the balance by introducing the good bacteria back in the gut. When the digestive tract is healthy, it filters out toxins and other substances that can damage it. Research has shown that some illnesses can be reduced by probiotic bacteria such as Irritable Bowel Syndrome ( IBS), bloating, constipation, antibiotic-associated diarrhea, vaginitis, ulcerative colitis and Helicobacter pylori infection
2. The second and most important role that the probiotic bacteria play is in our immune system. When the immune system is out of balance between the important and the bad bacteria, immune disorders and allergic infections tend to occur. The probiotic bacteria are vital in re-introducing the vital beneficial bacteria back into the immune system for the healthy well being of the person.
WHICH ARE THE BEST PROBIOTICS THEN?WHICH ARE THE BEST IN THE MARKET?
Let me begin by informing you that:
It’s All depends on the combination found in the product. Secondly, it also depends on the condition your body is in. In his educative article, Dr. Edward Group talks extensively about this subject. He points out that according to latest research there are specific strains of bacteria that are important in fighting common problems in ladies like vaginitis, Urinanry Tract Infections and Irritable Bowel Syndrome. They include some strains of Lactobaccillus like Lactobaccillus rhamnosus and Lactobaccillus reuteri which are effective in preventing the harmful bacteria in the vaginal tract from multiplying and causing discomfort.
Probiotics come in different ways. Some are found in yogurt, others in fermented foods and others are purchased in form of tablets over the counter. There are quite many types of product in the market and also found on Amazon. The following links have detailed explanations of some of the best in the market that you can choose from.
- Ultimate Flora Women’s Complete Probiotic
- OptiBac Probiotics – For women
- Raw Probiotics
- Best Probiotics
- RAW Probiotics Women
GUIDELINES ON HOW TO CHOOSE THE BEST PROBIOTIC:
Here I have some authentic solution for you:
As we all know, every part of our body is controlled by our brain through the nervous system. The communication between the brain and the specific body part say for example the digestive system can be influenced by the nature of the specific body part. While more research is needed to determine the effect of each probiotic bacteria strain on each part, not all healthy bacteria are beneficial to each and every condition. That is why I decided to classify each strain according to each medical condition so as to help ladies when choosing the products.
Ladies, please follow the following information so that you choose the best probiotic for the condition you have:
1. For Lactobaccillus strains- these are found in milk they are classified as follows: L. Acidophillus for vaginal health conditions, acne and diarrhea. L. Rhamnosus for Gut health and eczema. L. Plantarum for inflammation and L.Casei for brain function and diarrhea
2. Bifidobacterium strains commonly sold over the counter in pharmacies are classified as follows: B. Lactis for immunity, B. Longum for constipation and brain function, B.Bifidum for immunity and gut support and B. Breve for Gut support and anti-aging.
3. Streptococcus bacteria strains are mainly found in fermented foods and the S. Thermophillus starin is vital for gut support and skin support too.
DO PROBIOTICS BALANCE pH IN THE BODY?
Yes, they do dear!
A common problem that many ladies suffer from is vaginitis which occurs when the vagina’s pH becomes acidic. The acidic pH favor growth of fungi which cause discomfort and itching. The same also applies to the gut when the pH becomes acidic and the beneficial bacteria die favoring the growth of the fungi too. Proboitic bacteria when introduced will lower the pH of not only the gut but also the vagina and encourage the growth of the beneficial bacteria thus restoring normalcy to the system again.
PROBIOTICS AND WEIGHT LOSS:
Quite a hot topic. Isn’t it?
Then let’s have a look:
It is true that Probiotic bacteria can help one lose weight. Research studies have been conducted and found that strains of Lactobacillus bacteria that is commonly found in yogurt are effective in reducing the absorption of dietary fat thus reducing the amount of fat absorbed in the body. Consequently, most of the fat is excreted in feces and this helps in losing the calories that would have otherwise been absorbed. In other words, one harvests fewer calories from a calorie-rich diet.
Click on the following for more information about “Health Foods”
ADDITIONAL TIPS WHEN PURCHASING PROBIOTICS:
1. Make sure the product is not tampered with outside and Check the expiration date.
2. Make sure your product is indicated the specific strain of bacteria contained.
3. Check and make sure the bacteria is live and the number of CFU’s ( Colony Forming Units) is indicated in billions. A good brand will indicate this.
4. A good brand should also indicate on the label that the microbes are viable up to the end of the shelf life not just at the date of manufacture.
5. Once you have purchased the product keep it in a warm condition away from extreme heat or cold which might kill the microbes.
6. It is necessary for the product to have on an empty stomach.
Ta-da! There you have it girl! I bet I have nearly exhausted everything you needed to know about the probiotics. Rush to the nearest chemist or supermarket and grab one. Better still you can order online for a price of between $25-$60. Make sure you, first of all, know which is the best bacteria strain for you and go ahead, girl. You need those beneficial bacteria! Probiotics for women are an essential part of their life and I believe It worth trying for every girl or lady for optimal health status.